CSN collaborates with other national organizations to increase awareness around the importance of injury and violence prevention, and to support the work of our primary audiences—State and Territorial Maternal and Child Health (MCH) and Injury and Violence Prevention (IVP) programs. We do this by:
- Encouraging CSN’s national partners to support their members in developing or expanding efforts to reduce injuries and violence, especially with regard to children
- Sharing information from partners with State MCH and IVP program staff through our listserv, CSN Discuss
- Informing partners about the needs of State MCH and IVP programs
- Encouraging collaboration between CSN partners and State MCH and IVP programs
- Providing best practices to CSN partners so they may develop policy and programs that promote injury and violence prevention
- Encouraging partners to advocate for injury and violence prevention to be provided through public health services
- Training partner constituencies on injury and violence prevention
- Disseminating injury and violence prevention best practices through partner networks
Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP) www.amchp.org
AMCHP and CSN have partnered on the development of the Weaving a Safety Net: Integrating Injury and Violence Prevention into Maternal and Child Health Programs 2008 publication. AMCHP featured injury prevention and CSN in one of their PULSE Newsletters in 2008.
Safe States Alliance (formerly STIPDA) www.safestatesalliance.org
Safe States Alliance, AMCHP and CSN partnered on the development of the Weaving a Safety Net: Integrating Injury and Violence Prevention into Maternal and Child Health Programs 2008 publication. CSN National Outreach Director serves as the Chair of the Safe States Alliance Program Development Committee. CSN staff regularly participate in the Safe States Alliance State Technical Assessment Team on- site visits.
National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) www.naccho.org
CSN National Outreach Director is an invited guest on the NACCHO Injury and Violence Prevention Workgroup. CSN and NACCHO are collaborating partners on the National Initiative to Improve Adolescent Health (NIIAH).
National Center for Child Death Review (CDR) www.childdeathreview.org
CDR and CSN are partnering on a workshop for CDR Coordinators, MCH directors and Injury and Violence Prevention Directors to discuss CDR processes and implementation ideas for CDR team recommendations.
National Initiative to Improve Adolescent Health (NIIAH) nahic.ucsf.edu/NIIAH
CSN is a partner with the NIIAH Initiative and serve on the Volunteer Leadership Committee, the Communications Committee and the Diffusion Committee.